Welcome to the 2018 Spring Baseball registration for the Madison Baseball Association in Madison, Alabama.
This Spring season we will offer developmental leagues for the ages 4 through 5 and competitive leagues from ages 6 through 18. The competitive leagues are aligned with the Dizzy Dean league structure. We will offer the following leagues for the Spring season:
- 4-TBall league for 4 year old children. Batting tee is used all the time.
- 5-Prep league for 5 year old children. Batting tee used for first half of season then transition to coach pitch. Batters get 3 pitches from coach then bat from tee. Half way through season tee will be removed from game and batters will get 6 pitches to put the ball in play. If the batter fouls the last pitch they continue to bat.
- 6-Farm league for 6 year old children. No tee will be used in this league. Batters get 6 pitches to put the ball in play. If the batter fouls the last pitch they continue to bat.
- 7-Farm and 8-Farm league for 7 and 8 year old children. This is the same as Rookie from last Spring. Batters get 5 pitches 5 swings (7-Farm) or 5 pitches 3 swings (8-Farm) to put the ball in play. If the batter fouls the last pitch they continue to bat.
- 9-Minor and 10-Minor leagues for 9 and 10 year old children. Same league as last year.
- 11-Freshman and 12-Freshman leagues for 11 and 12 year old children. This replaces Major from last year. Same rules.
- 14-Senior and 18-Senior leagues for middle school and high school players. Same rules as last year.
To determine what league your child should play in use their age as of April 30, 2018.
Registration fees for the Spring 2018 season are $90 for 4-Tball, $115 for 5-Prep and 6-Farm, $165 for 7-Farm through 12-Freshman, and $170 for 14-Senior and 18-Senior. The fee covers uniforms, baseballs, umpire fees, insurance, and other expenses associated with operating the baseball season. There is a 10% discount for additional siblings that register for the Spring season.
Spring registration starts on January 3, 2018 and runs through Friday February 9, 2018 at 11pm Central Time. Late registration after that on a first come first served basis until each league is full. Once a league is full further registrations will be placed on a waiting list. There is a $25 late fee for each late registration.
Important dates (Subject to Change):
Registration Starts: January 3, 2017
Regular Registration Ends/Late Registration Starts: February 9, 2018 at 11pm Central Time (There is a $25 per player late registration fee)
Evaluations will be held for 7-12 year olds on February 10, 2018 at the HITS indoor facility
Teams Formed/Players Notified by: February 25, 2018
Games start around April 2, 2018
Season ends by ends by May 25, 2018
We look forward to another successful Spring baseball season!